Strategic Directions of Environmental Management in the Region
In the article the author scientifically justified the choice of strategic directions of environmental activities in the region, which provide the formation of a real trend of gradual improvement of the environmental situation.
The author uses a variety of methodological tools. The tools include methods of analysis, generalization, design, statistical methods.
Aggravation of environmental problems requires regionalization of environmental policy, regulation and management of natural resources in the long term. Currently, the need to develop an effective strategy for environmental protection in the region is being actualized. Environmental consequences of economic activity arise and manifest themselves in a particular area. The local nature of anthropogenic impact on the processes of reproduction of natural resources and the state of the environment require the search for ways to effectively solve environmental problems, taking into account the characteristics of natural factors and conditions of the territory. It is necessary to analyze the specifics of the production and spatial structure of the regional production complex. The development of the environmental strategy provides for the definition of the environmental mission of the region and its ecological image of the future. When developing the strategy, priority environmental goals and objectives are selected. These tasks are then detailed in specific environmental programs. Further, the mechanism of their implementation is developed, the analysis and evaluation of the results and consequences of the implementation of programs are carried out. At the same time, the ecological mission of the region and its ecological image of the future are based on the analysis of internal and external factors that affect the formation of the ecological situation in the region. Further opportunities and threats for ensuring ecological safety of development of regional economy and habitat of people are revealed. The authors consider the regional environmental program as the main tool for planning, forecasting and practical implementation of regional environmental policy. The regional environmental programme facilitates the coordination of environmental activities in the region. Regional programs are developed within the framework of long-term forecasting and include strategic interests of Ukraine.
The conditions of implementation of the environmental strategy in the region and the problems of creating economic tools to stimulate environmental protection measures, modern legal support of environmental policy are analyzed. The authors identify the features of financing environmental activities in Ukraine and explore innovative aspects of environmental safety of the national economy.
The researchers revealed the place of the ecological subsystem in the structure of programs of socio-economic development of the region, analyzed the basic methodological and methodical bases of formation of the strategy of environmental protection in the region. The authors scientifically justified the choice of strategic directions of environmental activities in the region, which provide the formation of a real trend of gradual improvement of the environmental situation. The recommendations on improving the management mechanism of the regional ecological and economic system are substantiated.
2. Pakulina A.A., Pakulin S.L. (2016) Upravlinnia stalym rozvytkom suchasnoho pidpryiemstva [Management of sustainable development of a modern enterprise]. Traektoriâ Nauki [Path of Science] (electronic journal), no. 3(8). Available at: http://pathofscience.org/index.php/ps/article/view/50 (accessed 15 August 2019).
3. Shutiak S. (2017) Stratehichna ekolohichna otsinka: mozhlyvosti dlia hromadskosti [Strategic environmental assessment: opportunities for the public]. Lviv: Manuscript. (in Ukrainian)
4. Feklistova I.S., Pakulin S.L., Pakulina A.A., Pakulina, H.S. (2019) Sustainable development of the economic base of cities in modern conditions. Proceedings of the Scientific achievements of Europe: IX International scientific conference (United Kingdom, Edinburgh, Mar 9, 2019), London: SI Universum, pp. 23–32.
5. Feklistova I.S., Pakulin S.L., 5. Pakulina A.A., Pakulina, H.S. (2019) Improvement of public-private partnership as a factor of sustainable development of territories. Proceedings of the Universum View 12: international scientific-practical conference (Ukraine, Lviv, January 5, 2019), Vinnitsa: LLC "Nylan-LTD", pp. 115–125.
6. Pakulin S.L., Feklistova I.S., A.A. Pakulina, H.S. (2018) Resource support of sustainable socio-economic regional development. Proceedings of the Theoretical achievements for practice: XХVIIІ International scientific conference (USA, Morrisville, Sept 22, 2018), Morrisville: Lulu Press., pp. 29–35.
7. Pakulin S.L., Feklistova I.S., Pakulina A.A., Pakulina, H.S. (2019) Strengthening public-private partnership as a factor of sustainable regional development. Proceedings of the Universum View 12: international scientific-practical conference (Ukraine, Lviv, January 5, 2019), Vinnitsa: LLC "Nylan-LTD", pp. 33–37.
8. Pakulin S.L., Feklistova I.S., Pakulina A.A., Pakulina, H.S. (2019) Sustainable development of the regional social complex. Proceedings of the Universum View 13: international scientific-practical conference (Ukraine, Rivne, January 19, 2019), Vinnitsa: LLC "Nylan-LTD", pp. 11–17.
9. Tsypkin Y.A., Pakulin S.L., Feklistova I.S. (2018) The implementation of the strategy of sustainable development of the social sphere. Proceedings of the Innovations in modern world”: VII International scientific conference (United Kingdom, London, June 1, 2018), London: SI Universum, pp. 18–24.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.