EVALUATION OF PEDAGOGICAL ACTIVITY OF TEACHERS OF THE GENERAL SECONDARY EDUCATION AS AN ELEMENT OF THE INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE SYSTEM
Abstract. The Law of Ukraine “On Education” provides for the establishment of an internal quality assurance system for education, which in particular may include criteria, rules and procedures for evaluating pedagogical activity. Therefore, a topical issue is the development of a number of internal documents that regulate both the internal audit processes in general and the objective evaluation of pedagogical activity both during the period of certification and within the operational monitoring of educational activities.
To a certain extent the requirements for pedagogical activity, some means of its assessment, an indicative list of activities that are subject to study, defined by the current regulatory documents, in particular, the Model provisions about certification of pedagogical staff. This provision provides for the study of pedagogical activity while attending classes, taking into account the level of educational achievement of students, studying pedagogical documentation, analysis of the methodological work of the teacher, etc. It is envisaged to evaluate the employee's performance of their duties, professional and personal qualities (initiative, competence, organization, etc.). Instead, the mechanism for assessing such different areas of educational activity is determined by each institution on its own, which leads to significant differences between the requirements for a specialist of a certain category in different institutions of general secondary education.
The Draft Law of Ukraine "On Complete General Secondary Education" defines the existence of an internal quality assurance system in educational institutions, which is formed by the educational institution taking into account the methodological recommendations developed by the State Service for Quality of Education of Ukraine. These recommendations include, in particular, the evaluation of areas such as the effectiveness of planning pedagogical activities, the use of modern educational approaches to the organization of the educational process, the system of professional development, cooperation with participants in the educational process, compliance with academic integrity and more. These relatively new criteria require significant changes in the internal system of assessment of pedagogical activity, necessitating the development of appropriate tools and mechanisms.
The article examines the level of research of the identified problem and emphasizes the need to create a standardized procedure for evaluating pedagogical activity in the institution of general secondary education (ZSSO). Certain approaches and tools, in particular qualimetric models, are proposed to evaluate the pedagogical performance of general secondary education staff.
2. Grechanyk O. Ye. Orhanizatsiia vnutrishnoho audytu v zakladi zahalnoi serednoi osvity / O. Ye. Grechanyk, V. V. Gryhorash. — Kharkiv : Osnova, 2019. — 144 s.
3. Ielnykova H. V. Adaptyvni tekhnolohii v osviti [Elektronnyi resurs] / H. V. Yelnykova // Adaptyvne upravlinnia: teoriia i praktyka. Seriia «Pedahohika». — 2017. —Vyp. 3 (5). — Rezhym dostupu do resursu : http://am.eor.in.ua/images/adapt/Vol.3ped5/17ped3_5yelnikova_r.pdf (data zvernennya: 24.02.2020). — Nazva z ekranu.
4. Kyva V. Yu. Rozvytok informatsiino-komunikatsiinoi kompetentnosti vykladachiv systemy viiskovoi osvity yak metodolohichna problema [Elektronnyi resurs] / V. Yu. Kyva // Adaptyvne upravlinnia: teoriia i praktyka. Seriia «Pedahohika». — 2018. —Vyp. 5 (9). — Rezhym dostupu do resursu : https://amtp.org.ua/index.php/journal/article/view/20/17 (data zvernennya: 24.02.2020). — Nazva z ekranu.
5. Pedahohichna maisternist: Pidruchnyk / I. A. Ziaziun, L. V. Kramushchenko, I. F. Kryvonos ta in. ; Za red. I. A. Ziaziuna. — Kyiv : Vyshcha shk., 1997. — 349 s.
6. Riabova Z. V. Kvalimetrychnyi pidkhid do otsiniuvannia yakosti nadannia osvitnikh posluh [Elektronnyi resurs] / Z. V. Riabova // Adaptyvne upravlinnia: teoriia i praktyka. Seriia «Pedahohika». — 2018. —Vyp. 5 (9). — Rezhym dostupu do resursu : https://amtp.org.ua/index.php/journal/article/view/107/74 (data zvernennya: 24.02.2020). — Nazva z ekranu.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.