The Development of Students' Emotional Intelligence in English Lessons as a Factor in their Adaptation to Modern Living Conditions
The article deals with the importance of the development of students` emotional intelligence in English lessons as a factor in their adaptation to modern living conditions, to activities in a rapidly changing world.The necessity to study and use emotions in the lesson to reveal the emotional potential of the participants of the educational process and develop the emotional intelligence in them at different levels of learning is justified. It is noted that many social, psychological and physiological deviations are connected with a strong load on the nervous system, the human psyche and the person`s inability to adapt to modern conditions of life creates a problem and complicates life.It is emphasized that when learning a language, we take into consideration not only the students` ability, level of their intellect, but also the emotional sphere, the psychological atmosphere in which the educational process takes place, we use different strategies of emotional intelligence development, create a microclimate in the lessons that will promote formation of positive motivation for learning a foreign language, the learning will be more successful and students will develop the ability to analyze their own and their companions` emotional state and actions, think and make decisions, act decisively and correctly in unexpected or difficult life situations, that is, to show adaptive behavior in emotional situations. It was also noted that the question of the importance of the development of emotional intelligence in the study of language was interesting not only for psychologists, but also for educators. A large number of scientists from various fields both in Ukraine and abroad research this problem. Knowledge and emotional-value components of the educational process in English can be realized through properly selected material, forms of work, kinds and types of exercises.The article presents forms, methods and means of organizing the educational process at different levels of learning that affect the development of the emotional component, contribute to the effectiveness of the English language learning process and the creation of a positive emotional atmosphere in the classroom. It is concluded that emotional intelligence is an important component of personality development that can be developed and improved throughout the study period.Emotional intelligence cannot be viewed without child's cognitive activity. Holistic education is the unity of emotional and intellectual spheres. It is impossible to form a person capable of adaptation in the modern life without it.
2. Berezyuk H. Emotsiynyy intelekt yak determinanta vnutrishnʹoyi svobody osobystosti. Psykholohichni studiyi Lʹvivsʹkoho un-tu. 2002. S. 20–23.
3. Burenko V. Osoblyvosti navchannya anhliysʹkoyi movy uchniv 1 klasu. Inozemni movy v suchasniy shkoli. № 2, 2012.
4. Vlasova O.I. Pedahohichna psykholohiya: [navch. posibnyk]. K.: Lybidʹ, 2005. 400 s.
5. Vlasyuk L.S., Savchuk N.L. Kazka yak zasib formuvannya pozytyvnoyi motyvatsiyi pry vyvchennya anhliysʹkoyi movy: metodychna rozrobka. ZH. I.
6. Vodopʺyanova V. Molodshyy shkolyaryk: navchaymo berezhno. Inozemni movy v suchasniy shkoli, № 2, 2012.
7. Vyhotsʹkyy L.S. Zibrannya tvoriv: U 6-ty t. T.6. Naukova spadshchyna [Pod red. M.H. Yaroshevsʹkoho]. M.: Pedahohika, 1984. S. 205.
8. Honcharenko S.U. Ukrayinsʹkyy pedahohichnyy slovnyk. / Semen Ustymovych Honcharenko. Kyyiv: Lybidʹ, 1997. 376 s.
9. Houlman D. Émotsyonalʹnyy yntellekt [per. s anhl. A.P. Ysaevoy]. M.: AST, 2009. 478 s.
10. Derzhavnyy standart bazovoyi i povnoyi zahalʹnoyi serednʹoyi osvity. URL: http://www.mon.gov.ua/index.php/ua/.
11. Derzhavnyy standart pochatkovoyi zahalʹnoyi osvity URL: http://www.mon.gov.ua/index.ph.
12. Kovryha N.V. Stresozakhysna ta adaptyvna funktsiyi emotsiynoho intelektu: avtoref. ... dys. … k. psykhol. nauk: 19.00.01 [Nataliya Valentynivna Kovryha]. K., 2003. 20 s.
13. Kontseptsiya Novoyi ukrayinsʹkoyi shkol. URL: https://mon.gov.ua/ua/osvita/zagalna-serednya-osvita/novaukrayinska-shkola.
14. Kyrylenko T.S. Psykholohiya: emotsiyna sfera osobystosti. K.:Lybidʹ, 2007. S. 180–181.
15. Navchalʹna prohrama dlya zahalʹnoosvitnikh navchalʹnykh zakladiv ispetsializovanykh shkil z pohlyblenym vyvchennyam inozemnykh mov. 5–9 klasy. K., 2017 r.;
16. Nosenko E.L., Kovryha N.V. Emotsiynyy intelekt: kontseptualyizatsiya fenomenu, osnovnifunktsii : [monohrafiya]. K.: Vyshcha shkola, 2003. 125 s.
17. Nosenko E.L. Emotsiynyy intelekt yak forma proyavu vazhlyvoyi skladovoyi osobystisnoho potentsialu – refleksyvnoyi svidomosti. Visnyk DNU. Pedahohika i i psykholohiya. 2012. T. 20, № 9/1. S. 116–123.
18. Roman S.V. Metodyka navchannya anhliysʹkoyi movy u pochatkoviy shkoli: Navchalʹnyy posibnyk. K. : Lenvit, 2005. 208 s.
19. Solovyova O.V. Zakonomirnosti rozvytku piznavalʹnykh zdibnostey shkolyariv: Vikova ta pedahohichna psykholohiya. Pytannya psykholohiyi. 2004, № 3.
20. Filatova O. Émotsyonalʹnyy yntelekt kak pokazatelʹ tselostnoho razvytyya lychnosty. Personal. № 5. 2000. S. 100–103.
21. Mayer J., Salovey P. What is emotional intelligence? [P.Salovey & D.Sluyter (Eds)]. Emotional development and emotional intelligence: Implications for educators. New York: Basic Books, 1997. P. 3–31.
22. Mayer J.D., Salovey P., & Caruso D.R. (2000) Emotional Intelligence. In R.J. Sternberg (ed.) Handbook of Intelligence (pp. 396–420). New York: Cambridge University Press.
23. Salovey P., Mayer J.D. Emotional intelligence. Imagination, Cognition, and Personality, 1990. Vol. 9. P. 185–211.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.